1907 Britton & Rey - Map Showing Property of South San Francisco Land and Improvement Co at South San Francisco
Detailed 1907 Britton & Rey lithograph of South San Francisco
Map Showing Property of South San Francisco Land and Improvement Co at South San Francisco, San Mateo County, California
South San Francisco Land & Improvement Co., Britton & Rey
San Francisco, 1907
68.5 x 48.8 cm (27 x 19¼ in)
Map of South San Francisco with an inset of the peninsula from South San Francisco to the Golden Gate and the East Bay.
The site of the South San Francisco was selected by G. F. Swift and purchased by Peter Iler of Omaha in 1890, in order to replicate the cattle stockyards and marketplaces common in Omaha. They partnered with some Chicago backers and formed two joint stock corporations, one named South San Francisco Land and Improvement Company, while the other branch was known as the Western Meat Company.
No copies of the map are located by OCLC/WorldCat. Compiled and Drawn by Punnett Bros. Lithographed by Britton & Rey.
Old folds, a few repaired tears, some spotting in places; very good overall.